- According to Sony Music Entertainment (Germany), R. Kelly has sold over 150 million records in his career, making him one of the world's best selling artists of all-time.
- According to the RIAA, Kelly has sold 33.5 million albums in the United Sates, making him one of the top selling artists of all-time.
- According to Soundscan, Kelly has sold 16.0 million albums in the 2000's, making him the 5th Top R&B act of the 00's. Kelly is the only male R&B artist to have amassed five #1 albums since 2000.
- R. Kelly became the first music star to play professional basketball, when he got signed in 1997.
- Kelly has sold over 50 million albums worldwide.
- In March 2011, Kelly was named the most successful R&B artist of the last 25 years.
- In the 90's, Kelly had the most top 40 hits of any male artist with 15 hits.
- Kelly is the most successful male R&B artist of the 90's.
- In 2008, Kelly ranked at #62 on the Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists list.
- "I Believe I Can Fly" is #244 on The 365 Top Songs of The 20th Century list as announced by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA).
- "I Believe I Can Fly" is #406 on Rolling Stone magazine's 500 Greatest Songs of All-Time list.
- "Ignition (Remix) is #494 on the updated version of Rolling Stone magazine's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time list.
- The R. album is listed as one of the 200 definitive albums of all time by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- "Ignition (Remix)" is listed at #19 on Pitchfork Media's top 500 songs of the 2000s.
- R. Kelly has the second highest debut of all time on the Hot 100, as "You Remind Me of Something" entered at No. 4. Only Michael Jackson's "You Are Not Alone", which was written and produced by Kelly, debuted higher.
- On February 8, 2002, Kelly performed at the 2002 Winter Games opening ceremony in Salt Lake City. 72 million viewers tuned in -- making it the highest-rated opening ceremony ever.
- On June 11, 2010, Kelly performed at the 2010 FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Johannesburg.
- "Trapped in the Closet" ranks at #41 on VH1's Greatest Songs of 2000's
- 12 Play (6x platinum), R. (8x platinum) and R. Kelly (5x platinum) albums are listed on RIAA's Top 100 best selling albums of all time.
- 2000s Top Multi-Platinum Album Recipient (through 2007) with 5 multi-platinum albums.
- 2000s Top Platinum Album Recipient (through 2007) with 6 platinum albums.
- 2000s Top Gold Album Recipient (through 2007) with 6 gold albums.
- Kelly has 13 gold albums (10 solo), 12 platinum albums (9 solo) and 6 multi-platinum albums.
- Kelly has 11 gold singles and 7 platinum singles.
Saturday, January 14, 2012
R. Kelly's Achievements